Thank you so much to Jasmine @ How Useful It Is, Nina @ By Page or By Plane, and Sam @ RiverMoose-Reads, for nominating me for this award; be sure to check out their lovely blogs for book reviews, literary discussions, and much more. I’ve picked a handful of the questions they’ve asked me to answer so this post wouldn’t get too long!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
What inspired the name of your blog?
My blog is a quip on J.K. Rowling’s book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. You can find more information regarding this on my About page.
What is your favorite genre?
It’s a tie between contemporary and fantasy!
What is your least favorite genre?
My least favorite genre is probably historical fiction. I like history and fiction, but I think it’s a little dull when the two are combined.
Do you read books by yourself or with a buddy?
I usually read books by myself, but I’ve buddy read a few times and loved the experience. It’s past time I’ve done another buddy read!
What would you do if you ran into your favorite author on the street?
I don’t have a favorite author – there are simply too many talented, capable writers to choose from! If I ran into an author I absolutely adore, though, I’d probably try to interview him/her regarding the writing process and his/her source(s) of inspiration. If he/she is currently working on a series, I’d also try to get a few hints regarding what to expect in the next book!
What is your second favorite thing to do besides reading?
Besides reading, I love writing, painting, listening to music, and watching YouTube videos and television.
What’s your favorite non-fiction book?
Paul Kalanithi’s memoir When Breath Becomes Air – his voice is authentic and his story, inspiring.
Describe the book you’re reading right now in one song.
“I Hate U, I Love U” by Gnash
I love this song, and I feel like it captures the confusion many characters experience in Sabaa Tahir’s A Torch Against the Night regarding their relationships with one another.
A book you will never get tired of recommending to everyone?
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo definitely deserves all the attention it’s been getting.
Do you prefer reading in quiet or with music/background noise?
I can usually concentrate better when reading in silence.
Are you a night owl or morning person?
A bit of both, I suppose? I usually sleep late and wake up early.
Are you watching anything right now?
Dancing with the Stars and The Middle, as well as the presidential debates.
How on target are you for your reading goal for this year?
I actually didn’t have a set number of books in mind; rather, my goal was to read as much as possible from a variety of genres, and I’m so far happy with where I’m at. I’ve definitely read more books this year than in past years.
Favorite current (or past if you are not in school) class?
It’s too difficult to choose! I love AP Biology, AP Government, and AP Calculus BC.
What do you think of novelizations and/or retellings?
I absolutely love retellings!
What is your dream career?
I know I want to go into medicine, but I haven’t decided what I want to specialize in yet.
Random fact you know, but don’t know why?
Flamingos get their pink color from the red cyanobacteria they eat.
Shout-out five of your favorite bloggers!
Honestly, if I follow your blog it’s because I love it; but, these five bloggers really stand out to me because they consistently provide their followers with quality posts! I’m proud to say I follow:
- Jill @ Rant and Rave About Books
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books
- Reg @ She Latitude
- Puput @ Sparking Letters
- Lauren @ wonderless reviews
- Name the last song that was stuck in your head.
- What is/are your favorite book(s)?
- What is your favorite season and,
- Your favorite color?
- What is a movie you’ll never get tired of re-watching and,
- A book you’ll never get tired of rereading?
- Do you make New Year’s resolutions, and if so, do you stick to them?
- What is one goal you have in life?
- What is your favorite word?
- If you could rewrite any book, what book would it be and how would you rewrite it?
- I adore Sam’s idea of giving five amazing bloggers a shout-out, and I encourage you to do so as well! Share the love.❤
- Cate @ Midnight Biblio blog
- Kayla @ Kdrewkthebookworm
- Alex @ Whimsy Pages
- Anna @ My Bookish Dream
- The Orang-Utan Librarian
- Ola @ OlaReadsBooks
- Beth @ Reading Every Night
- Alex @ Young at Heart Books
- Kim @ By Hook Or By Book
- Tammy @ a word about books
- Kirsty @ Kirsty’s Book Reviews
If you’ve already been nominated before, then feel free to ignore this. To all of you who haven’t, though, I hope you have fun! 🙂