I was nominated for this award by the amazing booktifulife! You should check out her blog for some insightful reviews and bookish posts and to learn more about the award!
Here are some rules for receiving this award:
- Create a post to accept the award! Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog (it would help if you included a little information about it).
- Display the award on your blog. You can save the image and upload it to your blog post and/or add it as a widget on your blog.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 blogs you admire that have less than 200 followers.
- Post your answers to the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- List these rules in your post.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions after tagging them in the post.
Let’s begin! 🙂
10 facts about me:
- My favorite colors are blue and green.
- I’m a picky eater.
- I’ve never had a pet before,
- But I love animals, especially baby animals.
- I write poems and short stories.
- Historical fiction is my least favorite genre.
- I love art, especially painting.
- I read the Harry Potter series when I was 16 (and loved it!).
- I’m a Pisces and an avid reader of horoscopes.
- I love creating lists!
My answers to booktifulife’s questions:
What made you like books?
I’ve loved reading for as long as I can remember; I have vivid memories of my parents having to drag me out of the library and snatch books out of my hands to get me to sleep. What I love most about books is how open-ended they are. Talented authors around the world craft wonderfully enchanting tales that, in the end, are open to interpretation by the reader. The best writers show us their stories with captivating plots, breathtaking imagery, and eloquent diction. I love being able to imagine what characters and setting look like and wonder what could happen next.
Who is your top fictional boyfriend?
Does Harry Potter count? Although he didn’t have much of a “boyfriend” role in the series, he definitely ended up being a great husband for Ginny and an even better father for his children.
What is your favorite thing to do (other than read)?
Would you rather be a popular kid who doesn’t like books or have no friends and love books?
Probably a person who loves books but has no friends, although I do love my friends!
What’s the worst thing you’ve done to a book?
This question is a little scary because it immediately reminds me of Fahrenheit 451 (a must-read classic!). I take good care of my books, but sometimes if I can’t find a bookmark, I might dog-ear a page here and there.
Do you believe in unicorns?
Of course; I believe in magical creatures from the Wizarding World.
What’s the most annoying thing you’ve heard as a bookworm?
When I tell my friends and peers I read for pleasure, they often assume this means I don’t watch television (I love T.V.). It’s a bit peeving to know that many people think that a bookworm’s only hobby is reading; on the contrary, we also love listening to music, going to the movies, etc.
Where is your favorite bookstore/online bookstore?
Our local Barnes & Noble is a gem – it’s a quaint place that’s perfect for reading while enjoying a Frappuccino. However, I buy most of my books off of Amazon.
Best book you’ve read in 2016.
This is a tough question since I’ve had so many great reads this year, but if I had to choose, I think I’d settle with All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. All the Bright Places is such a sweet, poignant novel and a rare find in young adult contemporary literature. Niven’s writing style is also effortless and beautiful. I’ve listed some of my favorite quotes from the novel here.
If you could travel through time, when will you go back to and why?
I’d like to travel back to Ancient Greece, long before the Common Era even began. Greek mythology really sparked my interest after reading the Percy Jackson series in elementary school, and I think I’d like to observe and listen to people from that time period. I’d also love to have a conversation with two of my favorite philosophers – Plato and Aristotle.
- Emilie @ Fiction Is My Reality
- Sam @ The Literary Sam
- Molly @ thenerdybookowl
- The Library Lizard
- Inge @ The Belgian Reviewer
- April @ The Fourth Month
- Zainab @ TEENBOOKLIT101
- Cate @ Midnight Biblio Blog
- Megan @ bookslayerReads
- Nino @ Enchanted Readers
My questions for these lovely bloggers:
- From Hogwarts’ houses to Divergent factions, choose a community from a book or series where you think you’d feel at home.
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled to?
- Is there a particular book or series that instigated your love for reading (Feel free to do the My Bookish History Tag if you want to share extra details!)?
- Are there any genres you’re not comfortable with? Any you absolutely love?
- What are some novels you’ve read for school that you’ve enjoyed?
- Who is a character you can really relate to?
- What is your favorite animal? Favorite food? Favorite article of clothing?
- What are you currently reading?
- What is your favorite sport to watch in the Olympics (or play, if you’re athletic!)?
- What is the last book you read that completely took you by surprise (maybe you weren’t expecting to like/dislike it, or a red herring/plot twist threw you off)?
I’m so honored to receive this award, and I can’t wait to read all your answers!